FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH at PEDRICKTOWN
Job Description: Piano Accompanist
The Piano Accompanist shall be a person who has made a personal commitment to Christ.
The Piano Accompanist shall:
- In collaboration with the Minister of Music, plan and coordinate monthly Sunday Worship Service music schedules.
- Provide piano accompaniment during Sunday morning Worship services, and special services as needed (such as Christmas Eve), including accompaniment for:
- Senior Choir – Sept thru June
- Junior Choir – Sept thru May
- Praise Team – All year
- Assist with the Junior Choir and provide piano accompaniment during weekly rehearsals (30 minutes per week Sept thru May on Thursday nights).
- Provide piano accompaniment during weekly Senior Choir rehearsals (1 hour per week Sept thru June on Thursday nights).
- Assist Minister of Music with Praise Team rehearsals – (1 ½ hours, twice per month on alternate Wednesday nights.)
- Rehearse with and provide accompaniment for soloists as needed, but not to exceed two practices and services per month.
- Arrive at church 9am for rehearsals with Praise Team and Choirs as needed, and to play a prelude for the service.
- Play a postlude as coordinated with the Minister of Music weekly.